Things to Prepare
Thanks for subscribing eSchoolPad.
* You should have already received the account creation email with login credential already. If not, please contact us.
For making the setup smooth, please prepare the following in advance.
- For DEP setup:
- The PO number or iPad SN csv list from your Apple authorized reseller
- Notify your Apple authorized reseller your 6 digit DEP customer ID and tell them you are going to use eSchoolPad
- School owned Apple ID for APNS certificate creation
- Apple DEP and VPP account and password with registered mobile phone in place if applicable
- For non-DEP setup, you need to install the latest Apple Configurator on a Mac with the latest MacOS installed
- At least 3 units of DEP iPads with iOS 9.3 or above (Ready to be wipe again)
- PC/Mac browser with internet connectivity
- School Wi-Fi SSID and password
- Suggested buying all the required apps (include free apps) at https://volume.itunes.apple.com/hk/store in advance
- iPad naming arrangement
- App grouping (eg. subjects) and device grouping (eg. classes)
- The required app list and restriction (e.g. disable appstore, carmera etc…) for every iPads
- Suggested a csv file with iPad SN, iPad name and grouping (see attached csv file)
- Suggested to decide the home screen layout (eg. app folders) arrangement
If you have a lot of devices to setup, we recommend you setting up a Wi-Fi network with no password authentication for giving each iPad Wi-Fi an Internet connection quickly.
If you have a lot of apps to install, we recommend you install OSX Server and enable Cache server service.