Supervision (non-supervised iPad only)
This step is used to prepare the supervision, including WiFi profile and School Information.
* If iPad has been supervised previously, please go to Step 3 directly. Start the iPad when it is still on “Hello World” screen.
- Setup School Profile
- Go to "Apple Configurator" on Mac Machine
- Click Apple Configurator on top left of menu bar > Select Preferences…
- Uncheck " Automatically Refresh"
- Uncheck " Remove apps and profiles Configurator did not install"
- Select Prepare > Settings
- Provide "iPad Name Conversion" e.g. “iPad1”
- Switch "Supervision" button to ON
- Check " Number sequentially starting at 1"
* Please note if adding iPad to the existing group, no need to check this option
- Organization Info
- Create Wi-Fi Profile
- Click at the bottom to create new profile
- In "General" > Provide "Profile name" > Click Save
- Select "Wi-Fi" > Provide "SSID" and "Password"
- Select "WPA/WPA2 Personal"
- Click Save
- Click Prepare
- Put Wi-Fi Profile onto iPad
- Make sure iPad is connected to the Mac Machine
* Make sure a superscript number appears and this indicates an iPad is connected
- Click "Prepare" at the Apple Configurator window
- iPad will start reload process and update the latest iOS if applicable
- Verification of Successful Supervision
- Go to iPad’s Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management
- 2 new profiles (WiFi and Configuration Trust) exist