Please get the following information ready prior to the actual deployment of your devices:
- Create ESP Account – please take less than 1 minute to register http://www.eschoolpad.com/enroll/
- Apple School Manager Account
- The PO number or iPad SN csv list from your Apple authorized reseller
- Notify your Apple authorized reseller your 6 digits DEP customer ID and tell them you are going to use eSchoolPad
- School owned Apple ID for APNS certificate creation
- Apple DEP and VPP account and password with registered mobile phone in place if applicable
- If you choose for non-DEP setup, you will need to install the latest Apple Configurator on a Mac with the latest MacOS installed.
- Minimum OS: iOS 9.3 or above (Ready to be wipe again)
- PC/Mac browser with internet connectivity
- School Wi-Fi SSID and password
- Apps to be deployed onto the devices, including both VPP or non-VPP apps.
- Devices naming arrangement (e.g. iPad0001, iPad0002,…)
- App grouping (eg. subjects) and device grouping (eg. classes) for later App Labelling and Device Labelling
- Restriction (e.g. disable app store, camera etc…) for every iPads
- Prepare a csv file with iPad Serial Numbers, iPad name and grouping
- Define home screen layout (eg. app folders) arrangement
- For non-DEP setup, you need:
- Latest Apple Configurator on a Mac with the latest MacOS installed
- USB cable for connecting iPads to Mac
- School owned Apple ID for each iPads
- iPad 2 or above
- On iPads, Settings > iCloud > Turn OFF “Find My iPad”
Something more you may need to consider:
- Wi-Fi Network: If you have a lot of devices to set up, we recommend you set up a Wi-Fi network with no password authentication for giving each iPad Wi-Fi and Internet connection quickly.
- Caching: If you have a lot of apps to install, we recommend you install OSX Server and enable Cache server service.
All set? If yes, you can now proceed to register MDM Server